Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tattoos

I kind of want one! I was reared in the no-tattoos-they-are-bad kind of belief, and have pretty much held firm to that, until recently. For some reason in the last year or so I have taken an interest in tattoos. AND most recently I have thought about getting one. I am not a fan of so many tattoos that you can't see your skin, just my personal preference, but one or two tattoos are kind of cool.

More specifically I like tattoos that have a meaning, not just getting one "to get one". I have a few ideas in mind in case I decide to take the plunge. It would have something to do with my faith. I like the idea that one would be a conversation starter, and could lead me into talking to people about Jesus, and not make them feel like I am "imposing" on them, if that makes sense. That is pretty much the main reason I want to get one. There are other reasons as well, and maybe I will write about them in another post.

Anyway, I know tattoos can be quite a sensitive issue in some Christian circles, and it does not offend me if anyone does not agree with my choice:) I have no intention of telling my loving, wonderful parents that I want one, at 37 years old that's about the only thing I can think of that I am scared to tell them, ha! I realize I would have to tell them when they saw it, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Anyway, there ya go, this mostly conservative, 37 year old mom of 3 wants a tattoo!

1 comment:

CrossView said...

ROFL! I've thought of getting one at different times... And I thought I was the only one! :O)

If you do, you will share, right??!!